Monday, December 8, 2008

A day in the life of...

Well, Today was quit an interesting day. I had so much to do today. The day started with the kids learning some life skills. They helped me clear the table and load the dishwasher before going to get ready for school.

We decided that since we needed to go to the library and grocery store that we would kinda have a light school day. The girls started off by looking up some Christmas vocabulary words as Garrett and I worked on the Christmas alphabet book. He is really trying to learn his his sounds. We are so proud that he has learned what they all are. We went to The Dollar Tree on Saturday night and picked up some alphabet window clings he is going to put up in our classroom.

From there Garrett wanted to watch the Leap Frog Letter factory so... that is what he did. The girls and I started reading about the start of Christmas cards and presents. Alyssa was fascinated with John Horsley (who was the first person to make a Christmas card). She loved that he had the word Horse in his name. I don't think she will ever forget what he did.

The kids decided that they wanted to make gifts since they had now learned about why we had Christmas gift. So I guess we have our own three wise men in our house. LOL!!! We went to this website and the kids designed their own coupon books.
http://www.dltk-cards.com/coupon/

They were getting really antsie with school so we went outside and played for a little bit. We played some hiding go seek. Just some plain old fun!!

Then we headed in to do some handwriting sheets. I wasn't sure where Neleh needed the work so I just printed up some sentences to practice. Alyssa had her first day of Cursive. We started with the letter A and she came into me and asked if she could write her whole name in cursive. I told her sure and she did FANTASTIC!! Garrett is still working on his name, but I see so much improvment every day.

Then the last thing we did before heading out was a math sheet. Both of the girls are doing Mammoth Math 1a. It is a review for Alyssa and she did great!!! This is new for Neleh. I was so proud of her. She had completed half the workshet in the same amount it took Alyssa to do the whole thing. We are so proud!!!!

1 comment:

BlessedTimes5 said...

sounds like another great day!